Thursday, May 30, 2019

MUSIC: "Blackbird" by Joey Alexander

INCREDIBLE

Amazing someone so young
Can perform so well on the piano
And to be able to just be Jazz
Play Jazz, Compose Jazz
Joey must have been born
With his soul steeped in Jazz
Incredible composer and performer for any age


Remember the Mr. Mister song, Broken Wings, that I posted on Tuesday. In that post, I mentioned that The Beatles also used the line, "take these broken wings and learn to fly" in their song, Blackbird. In this video, Joey Alexander takes The Beatles song and makes it his own by performing his Jazz interpretation of the song.

"I first performed "Blackbird" in 2014 (age 11), but I didn’t have a chance to record it until 2017. When I hear “Blackbird” and especially when I play it, I feel a sense of freedom, hope and thankfulness." - Joey Alexander

Joey Alexander
"Blackbird"
from his album, Eclipse

YouTube Direct Link: https://youtu.be/lNL8aJglYVw


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Que se puede hacer, genio en potencia.Amigo venezolano,Cucuta

Anonymous said...

What a talented kid. I am amazed every time I hear him play.

Thanks for posting this.

tx tea

Disclaimer

All images and text, unless otherwise noted, were taken from the Internet and are assumed to be in the public domain. If you own rights to an image/text and do not wish your image/text to appear on this blog, or would like for credit to be given, please contact me by E-mail or by leaving a comment and the image/text will be removed or credited immediately. aom soul food morning dew does not endorse the content of blogs or sites which link here or which are accessible from this blog. This blog has no commercial intention whatsoever, is not sponsored or payed for. (E-mail Addy: braomATgmx.com )

This blog is for entertainment purposes only. The views expressed are those of the author alone, and should not be taken as expert instruction or commands. Readers are responsible for his or her own actions.