Thursday, May 16, 2019

G R A T I T U D E

Let's Try It!

Gratitude Journal

Let's try writing a Gratitude Journal. Research shows that it can make a very positive difference in our lives. It would be great to get a small notebook to write in or perhaps you have a good app on an electronic device that you use daily. I have two diary apps on my desktop - one called Journaley and another called iDiary. Whatever works best for you is your best choice.

Now, each day - twice a week or whatever pattern works for you, - write down Three Good Things that occurred yesterday. Then write an explanation as to why each item was personally important. It is very important to FEEL each GOOD THING you write down. Allow some time for you to really Feel the Gratitude for each Gift. The more you feel each thing, the more positive energy you will generate within yourself. This is an important key.

Writing in our Gratitude Journal should be one of the first things we do in the morning so that the positive energy from this exercise will flow with us throughout our day. Maybe we do this just as we sit up to get out of bed in the morning. We can have our journals on our night stands ready for us to journal before we even get up. If that time is not good (maybe too groggy), we might schedule doing this when we visit Our Spiritual Garden while we are drinking our morning Tea or Coffee. I think doing this exercise at or near the same time each day will make it easier for us to remember. This is the other important key.

As always and forever - Whatever works best for you is best. I will remind us each day to do this simple, beneficial exercise. 

Let's start right now. I'm excited and can't wait! Let's list and explain three good things that occurred yesterday.

me : ) go

1. I mowed the yard yesterday. It was sunny and beautiful. I shucked off my shirt and it felt so good. I'm grateful for getting a chore done while enjoying a gorgeous spring day. Made me feel sooooo good!

2. I saw a 'phabulous' video from Tom Daley that a Friend sent to me. I'm so grateful to my Friend for thinking of me and sharing with me a video that I really enjoyed. (and He knew it! : )

3. I am so grateful for my Friends. Especially those who have stayed with me on our new blog. Their continued support has meant the world to me. Hearing from them that the things I am posting are things that benefit their lives give me so much joy. I am so grateful to have Close Friends to talk to. So Grateful.

Now YOU Go! : )

Easy! Right?
Something So Simple
Yet can be richly rewarding
If we put our genuine feelings into it

Well I'm pumped for the day
Bring it ON!!!!
:  )

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gracias totales.Amigo venezolano,Cucuta

Anonymous said...

OK, I can do this... I have become to use my phone as my my personal organizer, so I will create a "Gratitude Journal" to record my gratitude each day per your instructions. Because much of yesterday's gratitude was inspired here I will do my first entry here and share.

1. I am grateful for some dreams I had in my sleep the night before last that made me recall people in my life from years ago that has caused me to reflect on where I came from and where I am now. I am also grateful for what ever has recently happened that has caused me to start having pleasant dreams during my sleep. Up until last weekend, it has been years since I have had any dreams that I recall after I wake up.

2. I am grateful for your "Star Trek Wisdom" post yesterday. You have inspired me to reflect on one of my biggest shortfalls which is not setting goals or taking chances for fear of failure.

3. This one is a silly one, but it is true. I am grateful for my dogs. When I come home after a long day they remind me each day what real, unconditional love is. It is a precious thing I wish we humans could give and receive more.

TX TEA

Anonymous said...

I am in. It will be a good discipline. Our brains are wired to remember mistakes and negative emotions and this will help train the brain to recognize positive emotions and good things! Your Friend, David

William said...

I am constantly aware of so many blessings that I have, and in starting my gratitude list today I'll start with:

1) You


Have a blessed day.

Ti Duf said...

William - Thank you for you sweet kindness - I guess this could get silly but I am grateful you are grateful : ) But then not silly - it is how gratitude grows and rescues the world. Pace and Love, Phil

Ti Duf said...

David, Thank you for being here and for all you share with us. I've head that the most powerful way we can change is making habit of things like feeling the things we are Grateful for each day. Peace and Love, Phil

Ti Duf said...

Hey TX TEA, :) Love that moniker. Thanks for sharing your Gratitude Journal entry today - a great way for us to start our day. (lovin' the rhyme) You're 3rd one wasn't silly at all in my thinking - our pets are family and they - especially dogs - certainly have a wonderful way of giving us Love. Peace and Love, Phil

Anonymous said...

Lol. I had to look up moniker. After I read the definition I felt ummmm duh, I should had known that.
Thx
tx tea

Ti Duf said...

LOL TX TEA - I had to do that the first time I read that word not too long ago! LOL
Hugs, Phil

Anonymous said...

That’s how we learn. Hehe
thx tea

Disclaimer

All images and text, unless otherwise noted, were taken from the Internet and are assumed to be in the public domain. If you own rights to an image/text and do not wish your image/text to appear on this blog, or would like for credit to be given, please contact me by E-mail or by leaving a comment and the image/text will be removed or credited immediately. aom soul food morning dew does not endorse the content of blogs or sites which link here or which are accessible from this blog. This blog has no commercial intention whatsoever, is not sponsored or payed for. (E-mail Addy: braomATgmx.com )

This blog is for entertainment purposes only. The views expressed are those of the author alone, and should not be taken as expert instruction or commands. Readers are responsible for his or her own actions.