Meditation is very simple
Have no expectations
Just
Sit
Set Timer
Close Your Eyes
Focus on your breathing
That's it
Have no expectations
Just
Sit
Set Timer
Close Your Eyes
Focus on your breathing
That's it
Sit comfortably with your back straight
You can sit in the lotus position, cross legged,
sit in chair with your feet on the floor,
you can sit on your couch, or on your bed
You can even lie down- though this may lead to sleep
I actually do meditate in bed as I go to sleep
Once in your comfy position
Set a timer
This will help you to not think about time
Start out for five minutes
As you progress, increase your time to 10, 20, 30 minutes or more
Set a timer
This will help you to not think about time
Start out for five minutes
As you progress, increase your time to 10, 20, 30 minutes or more
Close your eyes
Pay attention to your breath
Your breath is your anchor
Your breath is your anchor
Observe your breath as you inhale and exhale
Notice the sensations of breathing
NOW
Thoughts will come and go
Do not push them away or grab on to them
Never fight or struggle - just let them all go
Never fight or struggle - just let them all go
Just let them arise as they will
Watch them float away
Each time your attention moves to your thoughts or feelings
You may find yourself getting caught up in them
You will catch yourself thinking about all kinds of things
Getting caught up in all kinds of stories
That's okay
You will catch yourself thinking about all kinds of things
Getting caught up in all kinds of stories
That's okay
No Worries - That is Normal
Do no judge the thoughts or feelings
Do not judge yourself that you got caught up in your thoughts
Just notice you are thinking
The fact that you caught yourself lost in thoughts
Is AWESOME! You are Learning, and strengthening the observer
The more this happens the stronger you will become
The observer in you stopped and noticed
"Hey! I'm thinking - back to the breath"
The fact that you caught yourself lost in thoughts
Is AWESOME! You are Learning, and strengthening the observer
The more this happens the stronger you will become
The observer in you stopped and noticed
"Hey! I'm thinking - back to the breath"
Then gently move your attention back to your breath
The breath is your anchor
It gives your monkey mind something to do
Just pay attention to your normal, natural breathing
Don't try to affect your breathing
Just breath naturally
Just watch your breathing
That is pretty much it
Just be - calm and nonjudgmental
Stay uninvolved
Just be the watcher - the witness
Just watch - Just Witness
You are not your thoughts or feelings or even your body
You are who is observing
You are the watcher
So to Review:
Sit
Set Timer
Close Your Eyes
Focus on your breathing
Note: I do not usually meditate to music
I do sometimes meditate with nature sounds
Like a flowing river or waterfalls - white noise
I also like rainfall without thunder
I do enjoy meditating outdoors sitting in a chair
I like to sit shirtless with my bare feet on the ground
As I focus my attention on my breathing
I love noticing the sun and breeze on my skin
Listening to all the sounds in my neighborhood
Just being aware of the sensations and sounds
So to Review:
Sit
Set Timer
Close Your Eyes
Focus on your breathing
Note: I do not usually meditate to music
I do sometimes meditate with nature sounds
Like a flowing river or waterfalls - white noise
I also like rainfall without thunder
I do enjoy meditating outdoors sitting in a chair
I like to sit shirtless with my bare feet on the ground
As I focus my attention on my breathing
I love noticing the sun and breeze on my skin
Listening to all the sounds in my neighborhood
Just being aware of the sensations and sounds
You can actually meditate anywhere and anytime
Like standing in line in the supermarket
Eyes open but still just focusing on the breath
Like standing in line in the supermarket
Eyes open but still just focusing on the breath

No comments:
Post a Comment