Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Change the World for the Better?

Perfect Colors of Polihale, Kauai, Hawaii

~*~

Change the World for the Better?

Is it possible to change our world for the better? 

The world has certainly been a lot worse in the past than it is today and this proves to me that it is possible for things to get better. For example, civil liberties has expanded and I hope it will continue. I look back at the changes  that have come about just during my 60 trips around the sun. WOW! There have been some MAJOR changes that have made the world a better place for more of us. We still have lots of work to do but we have come along way in a relatively short amount of time. Looking back to where we were in the past and seeing where we are today should inspire and motivate us all to keep pushing forward.

Do you want the world to be a better place for all of us? 

I'm sure most of us would say yes to this question. And if yes - quit your whinin', get off your butt, and do something to help make a positive difference in the world. : )

So how do we go about changing the world for the better? 

There are probably billions of answers to this question. I'll narrow it down to what I see and you can decide whether you agree with me or not. It's okay if you don't, because each of us sits in a different spot around the Perspective Circle. We need to hear from all sides.

I believe the world can be better if we all Love each other more. I believe we need to make it our responsibility to take care of each other. I believe that is why we are here - to look out for and take care of each other. I firmly believe we are all brother and sisters - in the immortal words of Sister Sledge, "We are Family!"

So how do we Love each other more?

The first step toward a more loving world is for each of us to love ourselves more. This is key. The more you love yourself, the more you are able to love others. As Jesus stated, "Love your neighbor as yourself."

So how do I Love myself more?

That is the question. I don't have an easy answer or quote for this question. It is up to each of us to look within and find that answer for ourselves. The Love is within us. It has been and forever will be. We just have to let go any and all obstacles that block us from connecting to the Love within.

I'll stop here and let you think about these things. I'll continue with this discussion in the coming days, months and years. 

No comments:

Disclaimer

All images and text, unless otherwise noted, were taken from the Internet and are assumed to be in the public domain. If you own rights to an image/text and do not wish your image/text to appear on this blog, or would like for credit to be given, please contact me by E-mail or by leaving a comment and the image/text will be removed or credited immediately. aom soul food morning dew does not endorse the content of blogs or sites which link here or which are accessible from this blog. This blog has no commercial intention whatsoever, is not sponsored or payed for. (E-mail Addy: braomATgmx.com )

This blog is for entertainment purposes only. The views expressed are those of the author alone, and should not be taken as expert instruction or commands. Readers are responsible for his or her own actions.