~*~
“If, then, I were asked for the most important advice I could give, that which I considered to be the most useful to the men of our century, I should simply say: in the name of God, stop a moment, cease your work, look around you.”
~Leo Tolstoy
(Essays, Letters and Miscellanies)
~*~
“While performing the great majority of the actions in their life, people are totally unaware. We tend to go through our daily activities mechanically. We talk without real purpose. We do things without even knowing that we do them. We are not really present to what we are doing. Even if we practice being aware, entire portions of our days can elapse before we retrieve our thread of awareness. In short, we are not living our life, we are sleeping it.”
~Samuel Sagan
(Regression : Past Life Therapy for Here and Now Freedom)
~*~
“Awareness is not the same as thought. It lies beyond thinking, although it makes use of thinking, honoring its value and its power. Awareness is more like a vessel which can hold and contain our thinking, helping us to see and know our thoughts as thoughts rather than getting caught up in them in reality.”
~Jon Kabat-Zinn
(Wherever You Go, There You Are:
Mindfulness Meditation in Everyday Life)
~*~
Your brain is regularly inhibited by aversion, apprehension, greed, and fear. Mindfulness exercises can help change that. Medical professor and meditation teacher Jon Kabat-Zinn explains how one can combat their aversion and, hopefully, become a better, more reasonable person in the meantime.
Jon Kabat-Zinn
Mindfulness: How to Feel Comfortable in Your Own Skin
(run time around 7 minutes)
YouTube Direct Link: https://youtu.be/KEMsXYcSdPM

2 comments:
Muy agradecido por las enseñanzas del dia.Amigo venezolano,Cucuta
All very thought provoking quotes. I am guilty at times of performing daily routine task while completely unaware.
Jon Kabat-Zinn’s talk is also very thought provoking. I am going to listen to it again.
Thanks for sharing.
tx tea
Post a Comment