Alan Watts
"Jesus Christ's Purpose On Earth"
I will revisit this talk from time to time
Because Alan has given me lots of food for thought
Food for contemplation
There are some things he said
That resonated in my heart as true
There are other things he said
That I will need to contemplate
And a few I currently disagree with.
And a few I currently disagree with.
I think overall that this is an excellent talk
Because he got me thinking
And that is a very good thing
Whether I believe every point he made as true or not
It brought up questions
That I would like to find the answers
One thing he touched on
That I thought was interesting
Was when he spoke of those who have
Wrongly interpreted the message of Jesus
And how they could use their view
To turn our nation into a fascist nation
Here's the quote:
"(22:40) "It is principally through
White Racist Christians
that we have the threat
of Fascism in this country."
I think Alan's main message is
That Jesus's purpose on earth -
The good news Jesus brought to us -
Is the awakening to the awareness
That we are all divine sons and daughters of God
I suggest not to immediately accept
All that Alan says as the gospel truth
But also don't close your mind to what he has to say
Just open your mind to listen
And see what things that he says
Resonates as truth in your heart
This video is around 30 minutes long
But I think worth our time to hear
YouTube Direct Link: https://youtu.be/uaKUVJpYkOI

1 comment:
This is truly a wonderful collection of thoughts and music meant to inspire and encourage good in the world. Thank you so much for sharing. Your Friend, David
Post a Comment